Breathalyzer Market: Key Insights
- The global breathalyzer market grew at a CAGR of 6.3% during the period 2012 – 2016.
- The global breathalyzer market was valued at over US$ 600 Mn in 2018 and is forecasted to clock a Y-o-Y growth of 7.5% in the year 2019 over 2018.
- North America will remain the largest market for breathalyzer during the forecast period, with revenues likely to reach US$ 167 Mn by the end of 2019.
- Government agencies are likely to account for the largest share of the breathalyzer market. In terms of revenues, demand for breathalyzers from government agencies is likely to be worth US$ 250 Mn in 2019.
Read Report Overview:
Which are the Growth Determinants of the Global Breathalyzer Market?
- North America remains at the forefront of global demand for breathalyzers. Promising growth of the North American breathalyzer market can be attributed to the burgeoning demand for breathalyzers in the U.S. As a result, demand for breathalyzers is anticipated to grow at an impressive pace with an estimated market valuation of US$ 167 Mn by 2019 end.
- Manufacturers of the global breathalyzer market are concentrating their efforts towards enhancing the features of their devices by incorporating innovative technology, such as fuel cell. This technology holds over half of the total revenue acquired by the global breathalyzer market. Convergence of breathalyzers and technology is likely to be a key trend over the course of he forecast period.
- Demand for breathalyzers has been on a perpetual rise on account of increasing instances of alcohol abuses. The government of various countries have regulated stringent laws to prevent the number of road mishaps and ensure the seamlessness of traffic, which is expected to fuel the growth of the global breathalyzer market.
Get Report Sample:
- In addition to alcohol detection, breathalyzers are also used in diagnosing asthma, tuberculosis, and pylori infection detection. As a result, breathalyzers are witnessing a proliferated rate of adoption in the medical settings and diagnostic centers.
- Breathalyzer manufacturers are also targeting opportunities arising for drug detection. Using breathalyzers for drug detection can pave way for further adoption of breathalyzers.
What Factors are Besetting the Growth of the Global Breathalyzer Market?
- Uncertainty over the accuracy of the results displayed by the breathalyzers, on account of their inability to distinguish alcohol from other chemical compound consisting of a methyl group structure is anticipated to dampen the growth of the breathalyzer market.
Get the Discount on the Report:
- Alcohol testing is opposed in workplaces as it is seen as a breach of privacy. An unhygienic condition for the use of breathalyzers is yet another restrainer factor limit its adoption rate.
We are an insights-driven global market intelligence company with a unique purpose: enabling organizations make better decisions. We do this by creating an ecosystem where an eclectic cognitive collaboration between human imagination and data science leads to path breaking ideas.
Our vision is to foster a pervasive culture where critical business decisions are taken on the basis of facts rather than assumptions and perceptions.
Our mission is empowerment – empowerment of free-thought; empowerment of fact-based decisions; empowerment of decisive action.
I am self-belief person. I act & believe on Delivering Perfect Work Done. Real Hard Worker. Like to learn new things ( Knowledge Thirsty )