Notable Highlights in the Pedelec Market
- Yamaha Motor Company Limited, a Japanese manufacturer of electrically power assisted bicycles (EPAC), recently introduced a new 600Wh inTube battery for EPACs. The company announced that it will be supplying the Multi Location™ 600Wh, which allows its OEM customers to stylize the integrated designs of EPACs and complements existing external battery versions. The company revealed that the new 600Wh battery provides 20% more capacity than conventional battery packs in pedelecs.
- Pedego Electric Bikes, an American player in the pedelec market, recently announced the launch of the Pedego Conveyor – a mid-drive commuter electric bike. The company declared that the combination of smooth mid-drive power and advanced drivetrain technology allows users to increase the speed of the pedelec up to 20mphwith the support of Pedal Assist.
Request Sample Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2068
- The European Commission, based on the Article 5 of Regulation (EU) 2016/1036, recently initiated an anti-dumping investigation associated with the imports of pedelecs from China. The Commission found that Chinese manufacturers were dumping pedelecs in the European Union to low prices and thereby, the Commission has imposed stiff duties on pedelecs imported from China.
- The European Commission has submitted a proposal to impose the Motor Insurance Directive on electric bikes, including pedelecs. This may impact on growth of the pedelec market as well as the electric bicycle industry in the coming future.
- Bosch, a multinational electronics company, recently announced the market launch of anti-lock braking system (ABS) for electric bikes (e-bikes) and high-end pedelecs. Though the implementation of ABS in pedelecs is in its nascent stage, the company has announced that it will make ABS for some high-end models of pedelecs commercially available by the end of 2018.
- Shimano, Inc., a cycling component manufacturer, announced that in the second half of the year 2018, it will introduce innovative products to expand the range of Shimano STEPS pedelec systems, mainly focusing on its top model of e-bikes – E800.
Browse Full Report @ https://www.factmr.com/report/2068/pedelec-market
The report focuses on recent company developments in the pedelec market by providing critical information about leading market players. The report provides a comprehensive list of pedelec market players such as Giant Bicycle Inc., Yamaha Corporation, Derby Cycle AG, M1-Sporttechink, Helkama Velox, Pedego Electric Bikes, Magnum Bikes USA, Panther International GmbH, Visiobike, and BH Bikes.
Environmental and Physical Benefits of Using Pedelecs Improve Their Sales Potential
With the growing awareness about negative effects of internal combustion engines in conventional vehicles on the environment, consumers are making a shift away from petrol/diesel vehicles. Unlike CI engines in vehicles, pedelecs generate no harmful emissions and do not contribute to air pollution, thereby, providing a sustainable mode of transportation. The environmental relevance of pedelecs is one of the most important factors accelerating growth of the pedelec market.
While increased environmental awareness has provided a fillip to the global sales of electric vehicles, health-conscious consumers are more inclined towards purchasing pedelec. Owing to their positive impacts on the environmental health as well as physical health, the number of pedelecs sold across the world is expected to surge in the coming years.
Speak To Research Analyst for Detailed Insights @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=2068
Technological Advancements in Pedelec Systems Define Future of the Pedelec Market
Along with its minimal carbon footprint, pedelecs are gaining popularity among consumers as they provide a convenient solution to their fitness needs and urban congestion. Manufacturers in the pedelec market are shifting their focus on research & development of advanced solutions to eliminate drawbacks of pedelecs associated with imbalance between torque and speed.
Pedelec market players are aiming to introduce advanced technological solutions, such as intelligent control systems, which can enable the implementation of automatic or semi-automatic transmission for optimized energy utilization in pedelecs. Technological developments like these are likely to become predominant trends in the pedelecs market in upcoming years.
Safety Concerns about Pedelecs are Triggering Stringent Regulatory Actions Worldwide
The pedelec market has been witnessing positive growth since the past few years, however, with the increasing sales of pedelecs across the world, governing bodies have developed some standards and regulations to ensure safety of the bicycles. Governing organizations across the globe have developed some legal criteria that all the pedelecs manufactured and marketed must conform to, which have influenced pedelec market players to modify their salient business strategies.
The U.K government recently made amendment in the Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycles Regulations 1983, which modified the maximum permitted power of the electric motor in pedelecs and weight limits. The European Commission has imposed the Motor Insurance Directive on pedelecs launched in the European markets. The Australian government has published a document on ‘Vehicle standards information’, which covers rules and regulations on mopeds and power-assisted pedal cycles (pedelecs). In addition, in the U.S., the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has developed some guidelines and standards to regulate the manufacturing and sales of electric bikes, including pedelecs, to protect the consumer health from risks of injury or death associated with the use of pedelecs.
Stigma about Electric Bikes as a ‘Lazy Option’ to Conventional Cycling may Limit Sales of Pedelecs
Though electric bikes are considered an environmentally friendly option to commute, most consumers are looking at them as a way to indulge in physical activities. However, electric bikes, including pedelecs, are misunderstood as a practice that negates all the health benefits of cycling, which is refraining them from purchasing pedelecs. Low awareness about the availability of pedelecs, which are a combination of a hybrid of human and electrical energy poses critical challenges for stakeholders in the pedelec market. Thereby, pedelec market players are adopting innovative marketing strategies to reach larger consumer bases, which is the most pragmatic solution for this deterrent on sales of pedelecs.
A pedelec – a short for pedaled electric cycle – is a type of low-powered electric bicycles, in which a small electric motor assists the rider’s pedaling. Though pedelecs are considered conventional bicycles in many countries, pedelecs consist of battery-operated pedal assist, which differentiates pedelecs from conventional bicycles and regular electric bicycles.
About the Report
The Fact.MR study provides comprehensive information on growth parameters of the pedelec market for the period between 2018 and 2027. The report provides detailed analysis on important macro and microeconomic factors that will be instrumental in shaping the pedelec market during the forecast period.
The Fact.MR study also provides readers with actionable insights on recent developments in the pedelec market, along with lucrative opportunities for stakeholders, including pedelec manufacturers and distributors, and growth prospects of the pedelec market. Accurate and reliable estimates about quantitative conclusions about the growth of the pedelec market are featured in the Fact.MR report on pedelec market.
The holistic assessment on market dynamics featured in the Fact.MR report on pedelec market is based on several segments of the pedelec market for the better understanding of readers. The pedelec market is divided into four segments – battery types, product types, motor topology, and regions.
Based on the battery types of pedelecs, the pedelec market is segmented into nickel-cadmium battery, lithium-ion battery, sealed lead-acid battery, and nickel metal hydride battery. According to the product types, the pedelec market is segmented into e-MTB, race pedelecs, cross pedelecs, urban pedelecs, and foldable pedelecs.
According to the motor topology, the pedelec market is segmented into three types – center wheel motor, rear wheel motor, and front wheel motor. Based on the presence of pedelec markets in geographical regions, the global pedelec market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Japan, Asia Pacific Region excluding Japan (APEJ), and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
Additional Questions Answered
The pedelec market report provides in-depth information about changes in growth parameters of the metal packaging coatings market during the forecast period 2018-2027. The pedelec market report provides detailed information about growth prospects of the pedelec market, which includes minute details about the current and future growth parameters of the pedelec market.
The report also answers the market-related questions about for readers, which can help them to establish a strong presence the pedelec market. This information can help new entrants in the pedelec market to plan appropriate business strategies in the coming years.
Some the questions answered in the pedelec market report include
- How OEMs are the important contributors to the growth of the pedelec market?
- How are leading pedelec market players improving battery features and other characteristics of pedelecs?
- Which consumer trends are influencing growth prospects of the international pedelec market and local pedelec markets?
- What types of batteries are commonly being used by a majority of pedelec market players and why?
- How will the pedelec market grow in developed regions in the upcoming years?
Intelligence obtained from opinion leading stakeholders in the pedelec market and industry experts in the electric bicycles industry have been extrapolated in the Fact.MR report on pedelec market. Acquiring industry-validated and reliable data has enabled Fact.MR analysts to complete this insightful and value-based research report on the metal packaging coatings market. The report offers an in-depth assessment and nearly-accurate conclusions on the pedelec market, which are based on this market research methodology that involves comprehensive primary and secondary research approaches.
Secondary research on the pedelec market helps analysts to find out the historical and current market-related facts, data, and information to reach the lucrative avenues of growth in the pedelec market. For ascertaining qualitative and quantitative market growth estimates on the basis of value (US$ million) and volume (units), revenues generated by leading pedelec market players, along with their production capacities are taken into consideration.